Thursday, February 23, 2012

Best ways to get a taxi in downtown San Francisco?

I will be interviewing in downtown San Francisco next Friday. I intend to take BART into the city. However, the best location is still 30 minutes or so from where the interview will take place.



I'm concerned about the rain and the fact that I really want to make sure the interview goes well (I don't need to fall and get dirty or rip my pants or cut my hands, etc.)



What's the best way to hail a taxi in SF? Call a company? Stand on the sidewalk and wave like a tourist? Jump out in front of a car? My only experience was in Boston, and I know calling a company was useless there. I found that walking down the sidewalk with a huge piece of luggage did the trick, but I won't have luggage here.



I've never taken MUNI before (parents had a thing against it, don't know why), and would not want to possibly risk being late. I would also prefer to be dropped off AT the interview location. Suggestions?Best ways to get a taxi in downtown San Francisco?
Yes. Here is another San Franciscan to recommend you take the BART to the Embarcadero Station, walk up and to the hotel right at the foot of California Street (where the cable car stops). That is the Hyatt Regency. There are sure to be cabs stopping in front, and you can wait out of the rain where the cabs pull in. Or, you can get off the BART one stop earlier at the Montgomery Street Station, walk upstairs to the Palace Hotel, where there is a drive-in entrance at the side. They usually have cabs there as well, or even on Market Street, if it is not raining.Best ways to get a taxi in downtown San Francisco?
I just scream Taxi!!! Or i call the yellow cab number and ask one to pick me up . :)
Walk to the nearest hotel.......especially if you get off at the Embarcadero station. You'll have the Hyatt Embarcadero right there with cabs waiting.Best ways to get a taxi in downtown San Francisco?
I agree with K Soze. All BART trains to SF stop at Embarcadero Station and the Hyatt is just right outside that station. There should be some taxis outside the station and at the hotel but if you have any trouble, slip the doorman or the concierge at the Hyatt a couple of dollars and he'll get a cab right to the hotel door for you. Act and dress like a professional/executive and you'll be treated like one.
I agree with everyone else, except for calling the cab company. I just heard on the news a couple days ago that 95% of cabs you call in SF never show up. Good luck!Best ways to get a taxi in downtown San Francisco?
Wish you luck in your interview. Leave your house early and allow a lot of time. You always have a place to have some refreshments and there are clean bathrooms in the hotels if you are too early but you can't make up for lost time if you haven't got it.



Plan B (after your interview in case a cab doesn't show up, keep a couple dollars and some quarters on you and don't be afraid to ask the driver questions. Always ask for, and hang on to your transfer. It's good for a MUNI ride until it expires) http://www.sfmta.com/cms/asystem/routeli鈥?/a>



I'm a regular MUNI patron

No comments:

Post a Comment