Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do I get to work as an extra in movies in San Francisco/Bay area?!?

So, I always wanted to be in a movie but I have never acted before and to tell the truth I don't even know if I can do it. I was thinking of seeing how things go in movies and get a feel for it by being an extra in movies. I live in San Francisco. What are some good agents and how much should I pay to sign with them? I see 25$ per year. Is that right or a scam? Any advices?

thanks for your time

LucyHow do I get to work as an extra in movies in San Francisco/Bay area?!?
As far as agents go an authentic agent wont ask for money until they get you a paying part. When you sign a contract with an agent there will be something about a percentage of how much they get after you're paid. Read the papers and check the adds. Also you can try exploretalent.com where you set up a free portfolio and resume but you have to pay to get more info on acting/modeling/etc gigs they match you with. Good luck,



Fellow ActressHow do I get to work as an extra in movies in San Francisco/Bay area?!?
Just watch your local papers. When they are looking for warm bodies to fill up a scene, they just advertise for them in the Classifieds. I have been in a number of movies from when I lived in Santa Fe and in the Caribbean and all the times I just saw it advertised in the paper or, in the caribbean, there was a sign in the Harbor Master's office about looking for boaters for a pirate movie to be shot i the Bahamas (turned out to Pirate's of the Caribbean).. so you just need ot watch the papers.. you could also contact the FILM COMMISSION and there are even some web sites for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment