Sunday, February 26, 2012

What was San Francisco like in the 1980s?

I need to know what people wore, how they talked, the most popular things; such as foods, candy, tv shows, movies, what people did, where they hung out, oh and i need thing for around teenish type areas. I also need important news that happened in the city, state, country, or if they had any wars.

Thanks :)What was San Francisco like in the 1980s?
Way too many questions to answer. I recommend you google each topic.



However, note that the 80s were the time of the huge AIDS epidemic, with thousands of people dying, so there was that pallor over the city.What was San Francisco like in the 1980s?
I can't help you with the "teenish" stuff since I was long past teenagism by the 80s. In early 80s, there were lots of music clubs around--some real clubs but a whole lot that were just rental space someone paid for a month or so, painted black inside and invited bands to come play--they didn't seem to have any cover charges and you could go dance and enjoy the music. There was Fab Mabs and some other clubs the more well-known bands would play at. Lots and lots of local bands too. The tv, movies were just what the rest of the country was getting and I don't really remember being home long enough to do any tv watching--it was so much more fun to be out there living the life rather than watching it on tv. Food? Did we have food? Oh, yea, after work my friends and I would change out of our straight work clothes and into our punk garb, hit the Assay Office (later became Bix) at happy hour and eat all the free food until the clubs opened. Candy--didn't eat candy. All the political-economic stuff you can probably find out by doing a search 'cause I seriously cannot remember what may have been happening back there (I have a kind of lousy sense of time passing and placing things on a time line since time isn't all that important to me). There were hard things going on but for me it was my last hurray at having irresponsible fun before having to take things like a job and life and finances more seriously.What was San Francisco like in the 1980s?
Lots of drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment